Saturday, January 24, 2009

Back to AZ reality with my head filled with CR rainforest

It has been amazing to see Shel dive into this Blog project of his. I just was given the editing task and cleaned up the info, spelling and grammar a bit. But the essence is his and I was grateful for his interest in capturing this special travel moment in time. Yep--I have lots of photos to share and will be working on sending a set of photos of the week via Flicker. This place was quite the little hidden gem. We were wooed by the travel adviser entries and ended up keeping it simple and staying there for a week. (the roads were compromised with the earthquake for our second stop but we never were sorry to not do more exploring.) We really had to tear ourselves away from these people. I was so not ready to come back. The hiking shoes and rain gear became quite comfy. I had a pair of rubber boots for the mud and was satisfied to sit in the late afternoon and watch the newly arrived egrets swoop in and out of the trees and across the water. After I returned from a photo shoot, my new friend Anthony (a foodie who went early to watch and help Anacelli make our dinner) said he thought I was having a "religious" experience.
Pablo and Ana are very conscious of their community and do everything they can to help their neighbors and make them a part of their business. It didn't take long before I decided to take marketing photos and to come up with some plan to also help the community with my art. There is no question that we left a little bit of our hearts in this amazing part of Costa Rica!

No comments:

Post a Comment